This conference provides professional development and mentor support for coaches working with both youth and adult competition climbing teams. Coaches from across Canada and the United States are welcome to attend this conference from all levels of the sport: club, provincial/state, regional, national, and international.
Hosted out of the amazing facilities of WinSport located at Canada Olympic Park in Calgary, Alberta, WinSport supports some of Canada’s top Olympians through their training facilities and sport science professionals while also working with the future generation of Olympic athletes. The venue is located on the site of the ski jumping, bobsleigh, and luge facilities for Calgary’s 1988 Olympic Winter Games and is also the home of Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame. With climbing making its debut at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics Games, it is a fitting venue for this conference to be hosted at.
We are only able to offer 50 spots for coaches to attend – make sure you register early so you don’t miss out!
September 20 – 23, 2018
WinSport, located 88 Canada Olympic Rd SW, Calgary, AB T3B 5R5
Map of WinSport
Presentations will be sport science- and evidence-based with a focus on how it affects competition climbers specifically. Topics will include:
- Mobility training for improved performance
- Recovery training for youth athletes
- Sleep: its effects on recovery and training progressions
- Progressions and regressions for strength training
- Mental performance training: growth mindset versus fixed mindset
- Performance nutrition
- Injury prevention through strength training
- Peak Height Velocity for determining training programs
- Video analysis for training speed climbers